Saturday, February 6, 2010

Signs of Life

So after a very frustrating week, I have found that I have a very dedicated doctor and that I am completely healthy for now.  As you know I was put on bed rest about a week ago, which has been very relaxing for both baby Justin and I.  When I went to the doctor this week, they were able to give me the results of the second testing that I went through on Monday (Dr. Leavitt was not happy with the earlier results from last week because they did not align like he thought they should with the blood testing).  Anywho, this week as Dr. Leavitt checked me out, he found that my body has reverted back to a healthy status.  I was showing most if not all of the signs of pre-eclampsia last week, but this week I am completely healthy!  Where I was dilated last week, this week my cervix has actually closed back up; which my doctor assures me happens on  an extremely rare case.  Because of the progression that he has seen I should go to full term without another problem.  I asked if I could go back to work, but he said "Absolutely Not" because it would just put me back on my feet for 10-14 hours a day and add all the stresses of teaching eighth grade right back in as well.  Gosh I love him!  However, I am very thankful for my friend Laura who brought me a large pile of good things to watch and my cousin Natalie who at least texts me on a daily basis to see how "her" baby is doing (sometimes I think she is more excited about baby Justin than I am!).  I want to sincerely thank everyone for the prayers.  I know that through the power of prayer my body has recovered and my stress level has gone down a great degree.
My sweet husband is hanging in there with all of this added stress, taking that crazy load of school work, and working more than he should.  Sometimes I find that he is now my number one worry as stress does not seem to be handled in the best ways in his family.  I love them all dearly but they hold way too much inside if you ask me!  I am afraid that his blood pressure is probably off the charts with all of this extra stuff.  However, as long as I can stay out of his way and let him study, I do believe that I can relieve part of that stress by taking all of the housework except kitty litter duty off of his hands.  He normally does tons for me around here and even more since I have been so very exhausted during this pregnancy.  He is my everything and I am so very thankful to have been blessed to have such an awesome guy in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad to hear that you are doing better, we were so worried about you and Justin (Nate too). Let us know if there is anything we can do for ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep hanging in there. The reward at the end of the road is worth it all. Well at least when they are cute and sleeping. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married now for twelve years! We have accomplished a lot! It seems like only yesterday we were dating, and now we have two little ones to chase! Justin was born on the 26th of February 2010. Daphne on the 3rd of December 2011. I finished my degree in secondary ed. in spring 2007, and Nate finished his mechanical engineering degree spring 2010.