Sunday, February 20, 2011

Getting Ready for Justin's First!

My goodness it has been a very busy weekend!  Nate had Friday off and we started the day by calling the carpet lady, who we have both decided to give a vote of "no confidence", she told us that they will measure on Tuesday and come lay the carpet on Thursday...one less thing to be worried about this week!  Then we went shopping to find an electric fireplace/entertainment center to go with Nate's new TV.  At which point I was still deciding what color to paint our accent wall in our new family room.  We also went and looked at a few furniture places since we will be needing something to plant our seats on.  Also I received an add in the mail from Sam's club and I wanted to get Justin's new carseat, which you see here, and so we stopped there.  I also haven't been feeling to terribly awesome so I never made it to the gym which then gave me guilt complex and I didn't sleep Friday night.
 Tal was baptized on Saturday morning so we quickly got up and got going instead of having our normal laid back go.  It was wonderful and afterwords Donalee had the most scrumptious brunch for us!  Thanks for all of your awesome hard work, Donalee, you constantly amaze me!  After the shin-dig, Mom and Grandma Hayes came back to my house.  Nate was changing Mom's oil and Grams came to check out our almost finished basement!  The two ladies helped me decide on a color for our basement wall, it helps to have another woman's opinion.  Then we actually went back to Merlin's and bought the fireplace, and my Natey took me to Sizzler for supper.  I had the broiled salmon and it was incredibly good!  After which we ran to Home Depot to actually purchase the paint that went on my accent wall, it is green and called artichoke heart.  As you can see we after we took the carseat out of the box it left an empty box which has been entertaining both baby and daddy all weekend! :)
     Today we had a pretty lazy morning.  I made veggie omelets for breakfast, and then we got ready and went grocery shopping.  I really had to make my list because meal planning is our bonus for my food challenge this week.  After shopping, Justin went down for a nap and we painted the wall in the basement, set up the new TV, cleaned up all of the mess in the basement, and planned dinner.  When Justin woke up I cleaned out his closet, at least the bottom, and he now has a bookshelf!  I think it was a brilliant idea to put it in his closet, if I do say so myself.
     I know that this week is gonna be really hairy week with all that I want to accomplish before Justin's party on Saturday.  I get the feeling that I am gonna be a little stressed out.  Plus tomorrow is our first weigh in for the challenge and that makes me nervous.  I hope that I have lost at least two pounds in the last week.  I really want to make my goal of 15 lbs in the 8 weeks so that I can earn that bike trailer.  I want it so much so that Justin and I can go biking this summer.  Here's to healthy eating and living so that I can change my health!
   

1 comment:

  1. Hope you earned your bike trailer. But if not you can borrow mine. I won't be biking to much this summer:) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married now for twelve years! We have accomplished a lot! It seems like only yesterday we were dating, and now we have two little ones to chase! Justin was born on the 26th of February 2010. Daphne on the 3rd of December 2011. I finished my degree in secondary ed. in spring 2007, and Nate finished his mechanical engineering degree spring 2010.