Monday, March 21, 2011

Off, Off, and Away!

 First of all, my apologies for the stinky quality of my pictures this week.  Not sure what is up with my camera!  So I was out of here for the weekend and had a total blast with Natalie!  We started out a little later than we had originally wanted, due to the fact that Natalie is doing three jobs that should have three different people doing them!  She is a champ. So we began our journey to the south with a stop for lunch at 5th Street Bagelry in Poky.  I used to eat there almost daily when I was going to school and driving down each day.  Natalie had never experienced the finery of the super soft bagel smothered in high quality meats and cheeses with fresh veggies before.  She is now in love and promised me than one of these times when she has a lab down there, she will stop and hook me up with a few! :)
     When we arrived in Sandy, we went to our ghetto hotel (of which I now swear I am never reserving the hotel again)!  We then decided to make our first stop in our shop-extravoganza at Tai Pan Trading.  After spending at least two hours, we came away with some wonderful finds: Natalie a picture of the Helsinki Temple, and as for myself I got the large basket you see above and many other finds.  Then we made the decision to head off to dinner.  We called and made reservations at the Rodizio Grill in the Trolley Square mall.  It was really tasty and a whole new experience as the waiters bring around skewers of meat and they cut you some of each to try.  They just keep on coming until you turn this little thing over from green to red.  I really enjoyed the experience and my favorite thing was their Parmesan encrusted tomatoes, I would go again just for those!  After filling up we made the choice to head back to the hotel for a soak in the hot-tub and swim in the pool before getting some sleep.
     Saturday morning we got up and went strait to IKEA.  It was very easy for me to spend way more than I should have in that store!  We were there long enough that we decided to go ahead and have lunch there as well.  I had the stuffed Salmon with steamed veggies.  Everything was amazingly tasty and I convinced Natalie to split a piece of chocolate cake with me.  After lunch, we headed to the South Towne Center, which is a mall.  We bought a few things then found a salon and got our hair cut.  I really loved this, but my stylist was a talker and it took forever.  She told us we needed to head up to the Fashion Place Mall which has recently been remodeled.  They had a Carter's store where I bought some pants for my little man, and then Natalie and I both bought some Jeans as well.  And can I just say that the manager in Vanity at this mall was so amazing!  Natalie and I both decided that we would have bought the whole store if she would have told us to.  She was a great sales-woman!
      After that we went to dinner at Spaghetti Mama's in Sandy, and it was great food!  The service on the other hand really stunk!  We began our trek north and went to the Layton Hills Mall where we bought some unmentionables that both Nat and I really needed.  We headed home with a full car, and very happy hearts.  It was a wonderful trip home as we always have great conversations and enjoy our time together.  Natalie is more of sister to me than a cousin.  She truly is a blessing in my life and I love her very much!
     When I got home at around 2 in the morning my house was quiet and I could tell that Nate had tended it well.  He really gave me the best birthday present ever.  Now I feel recharged and ready to enjoy my days as a mom again.  Justin did really well and he is a happy little dude!  As you can see in the picture above, he is very mischievous and got into Mommy's bra drawer. He was carrying around that black one and then when I came in and caught him, he attempted to put it back in the drawer.  My only question is, what will he do next?  He is such a joy to have in our lives!  I smile each day thinking of the things that he has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married now for twelve years! We have accomplished a lot! It seems like only yesterday we were dating, and now we have two little ones to chase! Justin was born on the 26th of February 2010. Daphne on the 3rd of December 2011. I finished my degree in secondary ed. in spring 2007, and Nate finished his mechanical engineering degree spring 2010.