Monday, March 14, 2011

My Birthday

I must apologize for my inability to follow my own resolution the last few weeks.  After Justin's birthday it seems that things just kept getting busier and busier!  The photo that you see to the right is my new finished wall in our basement, it is in our family room.  We have purchased a couch and it should be here sometime this week, they had to order it so that the chaise lounge would be where we wanted it.  It is a sectional and almost the same color as our upstairs furniture, which may sound funny but I really love how the upstairs furniture hides baby and Mommy marks!  I am really proud of the wall and thought those of you who don't live in town would love to see it.  The picture to your left now, shows you my sweet little boy with his present from his Great-Aunt Sue.  He still is carrying it around!  Out of all his wonderful birthday gifts he really loves the bus that Nana Thomas gave him, and the phone that Nana Meek gave him.  He is growing so fast and seems insistent on eating me right out of house and home!  I am glad that he is now on cows milk because it can help me balance my grocery budget!
     Nathan is working swings this week, which means he goes to work at about 1:00 pm and returns home at about 1:00 am.  So, that is why I actually have time to work on the blog tonight!  As you see in this pic, Justin confiscated my package from Aunt Sue as soon as I got it out of the mail box!  He insisted on carrying it around until I finally took it away from him so that I could give him his bottle before his nap.  He seems to be getting along really well at daycare each day and all of the girls in the tree house seem to sincerely be in love with his quirky personality.  He definitely is mischievous and gets into everything that catches is little gray eyes.
Nathan bought a new truck last night and seems to be very excited about it.  It is a White 99 Chevy.  I am actually willing to be seen in this one! :)  And it runs fairly quiet and doesn't have that horrible dead animal/exhaust smell in the cab.  Imagine that- Nate bought a truck that doesn't seem to belong at the junk yard for parts.
    Justin had his first chance to wander outside on Saturday as the weather here was so beautiful.  Don't worry it was just in our driveway as I got the paper and the mail and inspected the damage the snow has done to our poor lawn.  He giggled and laughed the whole time he was walking around as he thought he was getting away with something!  I was laughing as I was watching him do it.  Well, that is it for this week.  Tune in again next week and see what that little bugger is up to! :)
    Oh!  And on another note, I have lost more than 11 inches over my body in the last 4 weeks and almost 20 lbs. since January!  Yay me, GO ME!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss. That is wonderful. You are doing a great job of sticking with a program.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married now for twelve years! We have accomplished a lot! It seems like only yesterday we were dating, and now we have two little ones to chase! Justin was born on the 26th of February 2010. Daphne on the 3rd of December 2011. I finished my degree in secondary ed. in spring 2007, and Nate finished his mechanical engineering degree spring 2010.