Sunday, January 8, 2012

Attempting to Sleep

 Daphne turned one month old this week!  It is so much fun to watch her growing and discovering the world around her.  It is easy to tell that she loves the people in her life already like her big brother, who loves to kiss her, and her daddy, who can always put her to sleep.  Justin delights in being near her and he jumps up next to whoever is holding her.  His eyes light up like a cop car when he sees her having tummy time and he always insists on laying next to her.  Likewise, she seems to sleep best during the day when he is running wild in the same room.  I am always amazed that he doesn't wake her up!  She is very strong as you can see demonstrated in the above photo, but most of the time she sincerely hates tummy time, which is why our dear Justin gets so very concerned.
I have been sick with a horrible head cold, and that means that Nate has been taking care of us all.  I am so very thankful to have such a wonderful husband in my life.  He is an amazing father and husband.  I don't feel well, and I know it is okay if I take an extra long shower or sleep in for an extra half-hour because he will take care of everything. These sweet kiddos are surely keeping Nate and I busy, but we both love them so much and are so happy they are apart of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married now for twelve years! We have accomplished a lot! It seems like only yesterday we were dating, and now we have two little ones to chase! Justin was born on the 26th of February 2010. Daphne on the 3rd of December 2011. I finished my degree in secondary ed. in spring 2007, and Nate finished his mechanical engineering degree spring 2010.