Monday, January 16, 2012

sleeplessness and sickness

This week has been very hard for the entire Funk household.  I was sick last weekend with a pretty painful head cold.  Then by Monday morning the rest of my family was ill, even our sweet little Daphne had a runny nose.
     I found that Justin was the worst, for as the week went on he got the tummy flu as well.  He wasn't eating or drinking, and that of course made me completely freak out.  On Thursday morning I babysat Leah and Justin was so happy to have somebody visiting that he almost did a complete turn around.  He started to feel better.
The adorable little blue had that you see in the pictures above was a gift to Daphne from Aunt Nancy.  It is so adorable and she is finally big enough to wear it.  She looks so super cute in it.  The Christmas dress and hat came as a gift for Daphne from her Great-Grandma Elizabeth Meek, whom she is named after.  I understand that this dress was made by a dear friend that Grandma knows through church.  It was so fun to take these pictures.  I love being able to dress up my little girl.  Justin also wants to be right there and help with the dressing of his sister.  He just wants to love on her, sometimes a bit to roughly.  We are having so much fun with a girl in this household.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married now for twelve years! We have accomplished a lot! It seems like only yesterday we were dating, and now we have two little ones to chase! Justin was born on the 26th of February 2010. Daphne on the 3rd of December 2011. I finished my degree in secondary ed. in spring 2007, and Nate finished his mechanical engineering degree spring 2010.