Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year, New Job, New Choices

 My darling husband, Nathan, had a great new day at work.  He returned home rather tired and ready for some diner, but other than that he seems to be really content with his new position.
     Justin and I also had a new experience today; we went to the gym (I am a member at Apple) and he went to the day care while I went upstairs and worked out.  Half-way through my workout my friend Lisa, who had the day off due to Martin Luther King Jr. Day, showed up and we were able to do some weight lifting together.  It was wonderful to get to see her and spend some time with her.  Lisa discussed with me last week about the health plan that she and a few friends are doing.  It is an eight week challenge that requires you to eat 5 fruits and veggies, drink 64 oz of water, work out 5 days a week, eat no sweets, talk to a team-mate, and don't eat past 9:00 pm.  There are other things that go with it, but if you would like to check it out and perhaps participate, it is on the right hand side of my blog listed as building good habits.  I am going to try it for a couple of weeks prior to joining for sure to make sure that I can handle leaving Justin for an hour everyday.  That is a tough thing for me!  In fact today as I dropped him off to the in house day care at Apple, I had to quickly turn away and head up stairs so that he didn't see me cry and become upset by it!  I want him to have awesome experiences and grow up with a Mom that can do everything with him.  I want to ride bikes, run, play soccer, go swimming, and anything else that he wants me to participate in with him.  I know that by doing an hour a day at the gym it is going to help me get into shape and be more healthy so that in the long run I will spend more quality time with him.  Yep, as you can tell I am still doing my very best to talk myself into this one.  Like I said before, it is really hard for me to leave him at all.
     Tonight as he was having his bath we discovered that he now has two more teeth!  That makes 7.  I am so glad that Nate likes his new job, and that I am also on a new journey for health.  January is sweet when it comes to making changes.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for you and your resolution to become more healthy. I know separation is harder on moms than babes but it is good for both of you. You will be glad he has a little independence later. ( Well maybe, :) Wish I could join the challenge but unfortunately pregnancy = weight gain, Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married now for twelve years! We have accomplished a lot! It seems like only yesterday we were dating, and now we have two little ones to chase! Justin was born on the 26th of February 2010. Daphne on the 3rd of December 2011. I finished my degree in secondary ed. in spring 2007, and Nate finished his mechanical engineering degree spring 2010.