Monday, January 31, 2011

Walking!

     As you can see in the video to the left, Justin is walking!  From Monday to Sunday he is walking around my entire house without holding on to anything.  Really he started linking steps together on Wednesday, when he took fifteen across the kitchen to get to me.  It was so cute!  I realize that this video is facing the wrong direction, but for some reason he really doesn't want to show off for the camera when he knows it is on him...what a doof!
    His current favorite word is "Wow" which I am not sure if he is actually saying wow or if it is just a baby sound that he likes to hear.  He is getting over last weeks cold pretty well, but now he has decided that he has some horrible stranger anxiety...which makes it really hard on Mom when she takes him to the daycare at the gym!  He is also growing so fast that most of his twelve month clothes are quickly getting too small for him.  Yesterday we went to buy a new TV, attempting to grab the sweet pre-super bowl deals, and I also found some really good deals on some clothes for him.  He was great while we were shopping...I am completely sure it was all of those big TVs!  We ended up buying a 50" plasma for our still unfinished basement.  It is almost there though, it just needs paint and carpet.  We plan on going to get carpet this Friday as it is Nathan's first Friday off.  I am so excited that every other weekend I will get him for three days!
    Justin is also working on a few other things; like playing ball.  I have a video, but it is too long to upload (it would simply take to long).  Here is a pic of him kissing his teddy bear.  This is the bear that Grandma and Grandpa Meek sent him from Arizona.  He truly loves it and if I ever try to put it where he cannot get to it, he really lets me know!
     As for me, things are going great!  I have officially lost 8 lbs. now and I can fit into jeans that I haven't worn since before Thanksgiving!  Gosh, I love my ward, but hate the fact that everybody brought over goodies to fatten up the Christmas Piggy! : )  I already feel better and feel like I have more energy than ever.  I think that it is highly interesting that it takes energy to make energy.  It is crazy that I feel like I have twice the energy that I used to have just by spending an hour a day at the gym!  I am so very thankful for my friend Lisa telling me about this health challenge, and for all of my friends and family that support me.  I especially appreciate all of the people who have told me that it is okay to leave Justin with somebody else for an hour a day.  I think that in the long run it will make me the mom that I truly want to be!

1 comment:

  1. Man, I miss you like crazy! I can't believe Justin is walking! That was the cutest video EVER! He is amazing! He must somehow take after me... ;) You are incredible and I love you dearly! I am so glad that we are best friends! I really need you in my life! I will come visit soon! Give that sweet little, walking boy a big kiss for me! I sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Nathan and I have been married now for twelve years! We have accomplished a lot! It seems like only yesterday we were dating, and now we have two little ones to chase! Justin was born on the 26th of February 2010. Daphne on the 3rd of December 2011. I finished my degree in secondary ed. in spring 2007, and Nate finished his mechanical engineering degree spring 2010.